Monday 26 August 2013

Head Over Heels

* or rather, head over flats.

As you know, I cannot walk in high heels. This has nothing to do with my fashion views or inability to pull off a beautiful pair of killer heels, I simply have back issues. And back issues mean a lifetime in flats.

Now, as much as I love the footwear I have been given for the rest of my days, sometimes finding new and exciting flat shoes can be a nightmare. I have tried the simple chelsea boot (love love love), and have worn the humble black pump with various additions to death in the past few years. So today, when checking my instagram feed, I fell in love. And fell hard.

These little beauties are The Hobes. Launched in early 2010, Hobes founder Georgia Hobart filled a gap in the Australian shoe market that needed filling badly. Her wonderful creations are very simple, very classic, but are an instant hit. And, being crafted by hand shows that little but of extra love for your feet. They aren't just for aussies though; international shipping is offered. (Please come soon student loan)

With the recent craze taking over celebrities and fashion followers wallets alike for a pair of shoes in every colour, you can certainly do that here. My current favourites are the silver sparkler hobe and the original hobe in a stunning royal navy.

Original Hobe in Royal: $159



Sparkler Hobe in Silver:$169

This could well be the start of my very own 'shoe in every colour' collection. I wouldn't regret a single pair.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment